Spring naar bijdragen

Caroline North 02031968 Roger Scott

scotty

Aanbevolen berichten

What an amazing recording, Roger Scott onboard for the first day? After the news he mentions the fact that he had to learn how to use the controls. So its Roger Scott, later known as Greg Bance who was on RNI too?

Poor man, the next day the ship was towed away to Holland. Thanks very much for this recording and if there is more from that day ........

Paul de Haan.

Link naar opmerking
Deel via andere websites

What an amazing recording, Roger Scott onboard for the first day? After the news he mentions the fact that he had to learn how to use the controls. So its Roger Scott, later known as Greg Bance who was on RNI too?

Poor man, the next day the ship was towed away to Holland. Thanks very much for this recording and if there is more from that day ........

Paul de Haan.

The only other recording I have from that day is the Country and Western Jambouree which I think most people have.

Actually Paul, I think Roger (Greg) was on the ship for around a week but reading news. This was his first and only programme.

Link naar opmerking
Deel via andere websites

The only other recording I have from that day is the Country and Western Jambouree which I think most people have.

Actually Paul, I think Roger (Greg) was on the ship for around a week but reading news. This was his first and only programme.

Your right, it wasn't his first day,later in the show he mentioned the fact that he was onboard for four days and had problems working the Gates mixer. He also mentioned the fact that at around 2000 hours that night the signal couldbe heard as far as London and hoped his friends would listen in. At 2000 that night the final Don Allen C&W Jamboree went on air, also the final Caroline North broadcast. I guess you also have found that final show on this board?

Paul de Haan.

Link naar opmerking
Deel via andere websites

Nog wat gegevens uit die tijd:

Op 27-02-'68 Laatste tender vanuit Dundalk (Ierland) naar het schip de MV Fredericia.

Aan boord gaan dj's Ross Brown (Fred Bear) en Greg Bance (Roger Scott/Arnold Layne).

Van boord gaan Martin Kayne en Jason Wolfe. ( later allebei weer bij RNI te horen)

De dj's Jimmy Gordon ( Guy Blackmore/BBC Radio One), Don Allen en Lord Charles Brown (Charlie Brown) bleven aan boord.

Dus met een team van 5 man werden de laaste dagen van Radio Caroline North gevuld.

Vanaf woensdag 28-02-'68 deed Greg ( Roger Scott) inderdaad alleen maar het nieuws en op die zaterdagavond 02-03-'68 dus zijn eerste en ook helaas

gelijk zijn laatste show.

Ben benieuwd of het uur tussen 19.00 en 20.00 uur nog boven water komt.

Robin

Link naar opmerking
Deel via andere websites

Op 27-02-'68 Laatste tender vanuit Dundalk (Ierland) naar het schip de MV Fredericia.

Aan boord gaan dj's Ross Brown (Fred Bear) en Greg Bance (Roger Scott/Arnold Layne).

Van boord gaan Martin Kayne en Jason Wolfe. ( later allebei weer bij RNI te horen)

De dj's Jimmy Gordon ( Guy Blackmore/BBC Radio One), Don Allen en Lord Charles Brown (Charlie Brown) bleven aan boord.

Dus met een team van 5 man werden de laaste dagen van Radio Caroline North gevuld.

Vanaf woensdag 28-02-'68 deed Greg ( Roger Scott) inderdaad alleen maar het nieuws en op die zaterdagavond 02-03-'68 dus zijn eerste en ook helaas

gelijk zijn laatste show.

Robin

Gedurende de wintermaanden was North in de ochtend en na middernacht te beluisteren, eeuwig jammer dat de Fredericia als scheermesjes is geeindigd, prachtig schip, tussen 68 en 72 vaak even op rondgekeken.

Prachtige betimmering en veel, heel veel hutten.

Link naar opmerking
Deel via andere websites

Robin

I think the Roger Scott recording came from Don Allen's tapelist that he used to sell in the late 60's and early 70's. From March 2nd 1968 there was also listed Don Allen from 1200-1300 and Freddie Bear from 1400-1500. Unfortunately I don't know anyone who has these recordings. When I last saw Don in Ireland in 1982 he still had all his master tapes. Who knows what happened to them after Don died.

Link naar opmerking
Deel via andere websites

Robin

I think the Roger Scott recording came from Don Allen's tapelist that he used to sell in the late 60's and early 70's. From March 2nd 1968 there was also listed Don Allen from 1200-1300 and Freddie Bear from 1400-1500. Unfortunately I don't know anyone who has these recordings. When I last saw Don in Ireland in 1982 he still had all his master tapes. Who knows what happened to them after Don died.

Link naar opmerking
Deel via andere websites

Robin

Link naar opmerking
Deel via andere websites

At the time Don died his girlfriend was expecting their child, it turned out to be a boy, gthe name.....Don Allen.

Don Allen junior could be around 17 years right now. I got this info via Kenny Tosh, a great Don Allen fan from Northern Ireland, i think he has much of the recordings you are referring to. Kenny stilldoes programmes for a station called Radio 6 International. http://www.radiosix.com/schedule.html

Paul de Haan

Link naar opmerking
Deel via andere websites

At the time Don died his girlfriend was expecting their child, it turned out to be a boy, gthe name.....Don Allen.

Don Allen junior could be around 17 years right now. I got this info via Kenny Tosh, a great Don Allen fan from Northern Ireland, i think he has much of the recordings you are referring to. Kenny stilldoes programmes for a station called Radio 6 International. http://www.radiosix.com/schedule.html

Paul de Haan

Link naar opmerking
Deel via andere websites

Paul de Haan

Link naar opmerking
Deel via andere websites

Paul de Haan

Yes I know Kenny from my days working in Ireland. However I am not sure how keen he is to share the tapes from Don's collection.

Maybe one day we will hear them!

Link naar opmerking
Deel via andere websites

Paul de Haan

Yes I know Kenny from my days working in Ireland. However I am not sure how keen he is to share the tapes from Don's collection.

Link naar opmerking
Deel via andere websites

Paul de Haan

Link naar opmerking
Deel via andere websites

Doe mee aan het gesprek

Je kunt nu een bericht plaatsen en later registreren. Indien je al een account hebt, kun je je nu aanmelden om het bericht met je account te plaatsen.

Gast
Antwoord op deze discussie...

×   Plakken als rijke tekst.   Opmaak herstellen

Er zijn maximaal 75 emoji toegestaan.

×   Je link is automatisch geïntegreerd.   In plaats daarvan als link tonen

×   Je voorgaande bijdrage is hersteld.   Tekstverwerker leegmaken

×   Je kunt afbeeldingen niet direct plakken. Upload of voeg afbeeldingen in vanaf URL.

Laden...

• Ondersteun Radiotrefpunt!

Het in de lucht houden van Radiotrefpunt kost geld. Help ons! Met je donatie zorg je ervoor dat deze radiocommunity dagelijks actueel radionieuws kan blijven brengen. En je kunt blijven meepraten en genieten van alle historische radio-opnamen in het forum.

• Onlangs hier

• Er kijken geen geregistreerde gebruikers naar deze pagina.
  • Gebruikersstatistieken

• Aantal leden
    • Meest online

Nieuwste lid
    DB96
  • Nieuwe aanmaken...

Belangrijke informatie

Door gebruik te maken van deze website ga je akkoord met Gebruiksvoorwaarden, Privacybeleid en Richtlijnen.