Spring naar bijdragen

Radio Nova Dublin

scotty

Aanbevolen berichten

3 uur geleden zei scotty:

Some ex Caroline presenters on Radio Nova;

0061981 Test Transmission with Tony Allan

Please login or register to see this link.

17041982 0744-0839 Don Allen

18021983 1130-1300 Andy Archer

Please login or register to see this link. Please login or register to see this link.

18021983 1300-1400 Andy Archer 1400-1430 Tony Gareth

11041983 1010-1140 Chris Cary

11051983 1117-1247 Tom Hardy

Thanks to Vincent for converting files to mp3.

Great recordings, what a great station, clutter free. An example for 99% of todays internet heritage stations who lean on playing old top 40 and 50s over and over again without any creativity to add something and overproduced  jingle use. In other words to much clutter.

Don Allen mentioned Nova also broadcasting on 6207 kcs 49 meterband?

Thanks for these superb hours.

Link naar opmerking
Deel via andere websites

36 minuten geleden zei Paul de Haan:

Great recordings, what a great station, clutter free. An example for 99% of todays internet heritage stations who lean on playing old top 40 and 50s over and over again without any creativity to add something and overproduced  jingle use. In other words to much clutter.

Don Allen mentioned Nova also broadcasting on 6207 kcs 49 meterband?

Thanks for these superb hours.

Yes Paul, it was one of THE best radio stations ever!

The short wave transmitter was on air for one day only on 6207 kHz. I was working

on  Boyneside Radio at the time and living in Drogheda to the north of Dublin. The short wave signal was very strong with me.

I think they had to quickly switch it off due to interference, if I remember correctly.

Link naar opmerking
Deel via andere websites

8 uur geleden zei scotty:

Yes Paul, it was one of THE best radio stations ever!

The short wave transmitter was on air for one day only on 6207 kHz. I was working

on  Boyneside Radio at the time and living in Drogheda to the north of Dublin. The short wave signal was very strong with me.

I think they had to quickly switch it off due to interference, if I remember correctly.

That explains. Anymore of these hours Scotty?

I ve got a bunch of longwave hours from the guy in Scotland and did some work on the soundquality.

Have you got these or should I again upload them?

Link naar opmerking
Deel via andere websites

21 uur geleden zei scotty:

it was one of THE best radio stations ever!

Zeker in Ierland gedurende de jaren 80.

Natuurlijk met heel veel (ex) zeezender medewerkers.

Het bleef niet alleen bij Radio Nova met het pop format via Middengolf en FM, maar ook gedurende de avond/nacht,  via de FM frequentie, een aparte rock (format) service van 19.00-03.00 onder de naam Super Nova.

Chris Cary bracht ook nog het zuster station Kiss FM  en Magic 103 (middle of the road and Irish music) in de lucht.

Ook minder bekende (kortdurende) projecten via Lange Golf/Korte Golf en Nova Television.

Het verhaal*** over Radio Nova Ierland, is minstens net zo interessant, als b.v. een bekende zeezender.

***  Met de successen, tegenslagen, meningsverschillen, sabotage, trouwe luisteraars, de verschillende frequenties, stoorzenders, de wetgeving en overheid en natuurlijk ook de dj's.

Robin

Link naar opmerking
Deel via andere websites

14 uur geleden zei Paul de Haan:

That explains. Anymore of these hours Scotty?

I ve got a bunch of longwave hours from the guy in Scotland and did some work on the soundquality.

Have you got these or should I again upload them?

Hi Paul,

Yes I have the long wave recordings, but thanks for the offer. I will find some further Nova and post tomorrow.

Of course, Nova programmes were heard om 1107 kHz on the 25th and 26th July 1981 via the radio ship Magda Maria.  At that time they were only on 88.2 MHz FM. Then on 12th September 1981 they switched on their own transmitter from Dublin on 846 kHz. 

Could that be heard well in the Netherlands?

Link naar opmerking
Deel via andere websites

18 minuten geleden zei scotty:

Hi Paul,

Yes I have the long wave recordings, but thanks for the offer. I will find some further Nova and post tomorrow.

Of course, Nova programmes were heard om 1107 kHz on the 25th and 26th July 1981 via the radio ship Magda Maria.  At that time they were only on 88.2 MHz FM. Then on 12th September 1981 they switched on their own transmitter from Dublin on 846 kHz. 

Could that be heard well in the Netherlands?

No, I never heard Nova on mediumwave or longwave. But Lucky for us we still have the recordings.

Link naar opmerking
Deel via andere websites

32 minuten geleden zei Junebug:

Check here guys Please login or register to see this link.

I allready posted al lot of the complete hours/days a while ago, this is where i found all of them.

Enjoy,

grt. June

Thanks for that. I am one of the guys responsible for that site. I will post recordings here that we don't as yet have on line.

Link naar opmerking
Deel via andere websites

27 minuten geleden zei Piet van der Vooren:

Welk radiostation (piraat) in Dublin zond indertijd uit op 1187 of 1188 kHz? Ik kan me herinneren dat station weleens gehoord te hebben, maar ik heb geen idee meer welk station dat toen geweest is.

You are thinking of Radio Dublin that used 1187 and then 1188 from 1976 until the early 90's. They were also heard on 6910 kHz short wave.

Link naar opmerking
Deel via andere websites

Doe mee aan het gesprek

Je kunt nu een bericht plaatsen en later registreren. Indien je al een account hebt, kun je je nu aanmelden om het bericht met je account te plaatsen.

Gast
Antwoord op deze discussie...

×   Plakken als rijke tekst.   Opmaak herstellen

Er zijn maximaal 75 emoji toegestaan.

×   Je link is automatisch geïntegreerd.   In plaats daarvan als link tonen

×   Je voorgaande bijdrage is hersteld.   Tekstverwerker leegmaken

×   Je kunt afbeeldingen niet direct plakken. Upload of voeg afbeeldingen in vanaf URL.

Laden...

• Ondersteun Radiotrefpunt!

Het in de lucht houden van Radiotrefpunt kost geld. Help ons! Met je donatie zorg je ervoor dat deze radiocommunity dagelijks actueel radionieuws kan blijven brengen. En je kunt blijven meepraten en genieten van alle historische radio-opnamen in het forum.

• Onlangs hier

• Er kijken geen geregistreerde gebruikers naar deze pagina.
  • Gebruikersstatistieken

• Aantal leden
    • Meest online

Nieuwste lid
    JanBoer
  • Nieuwe aanmaken...

Belangrijke informatie

Door gebruik te maken van deze website ga je akkoord met Gebruiksvoorwaarden, Privacybeleid en Richtlijnen.