Spring naar bijdragen

Radio Caroline 1986 - 7 programma's

martinja

Aanbevolen berichten

Thanks for the great recordings Martinja. Appreciate these. Great memories of a great station.

On the Kevin Turner recording, at 23 minutes 44 seconds there is a song by a female singer, who Kevin Turner IDs as Nancy peepers or Nancy Peppers. The song is called 'First Night'. Does anybody have a CD quality recording of this song? I can't find it anywhere on the internet to download.

Link naar opmerking
Deel via andere websites

Hi Martinja,

Thanks for this alternative version, which I had not heard before, and it's good! Appreciate this. Also, thanks for the Nancy Peppers info and link. I had not even heard of her before listening to her song on the Kevin Turner recording.  A real good thing about Caroline was that it played quite a few unusual songs be artists that were not famous. Great offshore radio days.

Thanks again for your help and time, Martinja. Appreciated.

Doug.

Link naar opmerking
Deel via andere websites

I think some of these unusual or unfamiliar tunes were paid for promotions, such as the Laser Spotlight songs. Maybe they just didn't make the Radio 1 playlist and so didn't become hits. Who knows!

Another song from slightly later in the eighties I tracked down after hearing on one of these recordings is Laynie's "Love Bites".

Thanks to everyone for posting all these interesting recordings.

Andy

Link naar opmerking
Deel via andere websites

Hi Martinja and Andy,

I haven't heard Laynie's 'Love Bites'. I agree that the unusual songs played on Caroline were more than likely

paid-for promos.

Another decent tune played on Caroline 558 in 1988 is the song 'Delving Away' by the group Heart of Ice. I managed to get

hold of the vinyl a few years ago. If you'd like to hear/download the track, I have made it available at the link following

this message.

Doug

Please login or register to see this link.

• Vind ik leuk 4
  • Treurig 1
Link naar opmerking
Deel via andere websites

Op 14/08/2016 om 23:56 zei Drumbeat:

Thanks for the great recordings Martinja. Appreciate these. Great memories of a great station.

On the Kevin Turner recording, at 23 minutes 44 seconds there is a song by a female singer, who Kevin Turner IDs as Nancy peepers or Nancy Peppers. The song is called 'First Night'. Does anybody have a CD quality recording of this song? I can't find it anywhere on the internet to download.

as indicated above

Please login or register to see this link.

now the actual song, Drumbeat.  I've found some Peppers songs  but not yours

( Please login or register to see this link.

bewerkt door Omnivoor
keek scheel mbt discogs link
Link naar opmerking
Deel via andere websites

Hi Omnivoor,

It does seem that 'First Night' is one of those songs that is not available to download.

Thank you for the link to the Go Deep website. I did not know of that music download site - and it's good!

Also, I have downloaded a few of the Nancy Peppers tracks. What I have noticed is that Nancy peppers usually sings country music, yet 'First Night' is not a country song. It does not even sound like the same Nancy peppers that sings the country music!

Thanks again for your help, Omnivoor. Appreciated.

Doug

Link naar opmerking
Deel via andere websites

OK, so after a bit of Googling I have found:

Nancy Peppers, a young Please login or register to see this link. (1978)

Nancy Peppers also sang Please login or register to see this link. (1984)

"Please login or register to see this link. " (1989) linking the two.

And regarding Marc Almond, "Please login or register to see this link. " (1984)

Please login or register to see this link. :

First night

Type of Work:

Musical work

Registration Number / Date:

PA0000280453 / 1986-01-31

Date of Publication:

November 4, 1985

Date of Creation:

Title:

First night / R. Fennah. 

Description:

on side A. of 1 sound disc : 45 rpm ; 7 in. 

Publisher Number:

Sounds right MSSR 2

Copyright Claimant:

E M I Music Publishing, Ltd.

Notes:

(With No-one).

Authorship on Application:

words & music: Rob Fennah.

Performer:

Performed by Nancy Peppers.

Names:

Nancy Peppers
Rob Fennah
EMI Music Publishing, Ltd. (2591 documents)

And lastly, some comments on Nancy Pepper at Please login or register to see this link.

Andy

Muleskinner Blues TV performance, Marc Almond & Nancy Peppers:

Link naar opmerking
Deel via andere websites

• 4 years later...
  • 9 months later...
On 8/14/2016 at 5:56 PM, Drumbeat said:

Hey, I have a copy of First Night

Link naar opmerking
Deel via andere websites

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Doe mee aan het gesprek

Je kunt nu een bericht plaatsen en later registreren. Indien je al een account hebt, kun je je nu aanmelden om het bericht met je account te plaatsen.

Gast
Antwoord op deze discussie...

×   Plakken als rijke tekst.   Opmaak herstellen

Er zijn maximaal 75 emoji toegestaan.

×   Je link is automatisch geïntegreerd.   In plaats daarvan als link tonen

×   Je voorgaande bijdrage is hersteld.   Tekstverwerker leegmaken

×   Je kunt afbeeldingen niet direct plakken. Upload of voeg afbeeldingen in vanaf URL.

Laden...

• Nieuwe aanmaken...

Belangrijke informatie

Door gebruik te maken van deze website ga je akkoord met Gebruiksvoorwaarden, Privacybeleid en Richtlijnen.