Spring naar bijdragen

Caroline 25121973

scotty

Aanbevolen berichten

This is what Monitor Magazine wrote about Christmas day 1973:

"The following day (Dec. 25th) saw Norman Barrington opening up the station at 08.00 GMT; he told us that continuous music was to be played, and this lasted until 10.00 GMT when Andy Archer took over with the main Christmas Day programme, this went on till 12.08 GMT and Yuletide greetings were included from Chicago, Norman, Michael Wall-Garland, Capt. Meyer and his crew, to their respective families and friends. Between 12.08-13.00 GMT Norman returned as host; this was followed by an hour of non-stop music, and then Peter van Dyken presented a programme in Dutch from 14.00-15.00 GMT. During the day it was announced that a new Australian DJ named Russell Guy would shortly be joining the station. Andy was heard again from 15.00-17.00 GMT, and there were then two more hours of continuous music. Andy and Norman jointly compared the 19.00-20.50 GMT spot. At 20.00 Andy presented a show entitled "Toad at Nine", he also kept the festive scene going between 21.00-23.00 GMT. Throughout the evening newscasts were relayed from RNI on the hour, and the entire Robb Eden Show was relayed between 23.00-24.00 GMT with remarks thrown in by Andy. The final show of this special transmission lasted from midnight until 01.08 GMT, and Andy was once more in charge of the proceedings. Several listeners have expressed their disappointment to me that Andy's idea for a short Xmas Day link-up with the "Mebo II" should have been turned down in quite the way it was. Boxing Day was something of an anti-climax, the station did not switch on until 09.15 GMT, and after playing some continuous music vanished at 09.46 GMT as suddenly as it had appeared; Thus, Radio Caroline celebrated Christmas 1973."

Link naar opmerking
Deel via andere websites

Here is Andy Archer from 1100-1130 BST (1000-1030 GMT)

Please login or register to see this link.

Op ‎04‎/‎11‎/‎2017 om 14:46 zei Albatrosstudio:

Hi Scotty,

Here is the recording I promised, digitalized by Ben. I don't know the timeframe on this 25-12-1973 Christmasday but when listening this will be clear I hope

Kind regards,

Douwe

Hi Douwe, would you possibly have this great recording as an mp3 rather than wav file??? Brilliant quality

Thanks

Ian

Link naar opmerking
Deel via andere websites

1 uur geleden zei scotty:

Here is Andy Archer from 1100-1130 BST (1000-1030 GMT)

Hi Douwe, would you possibly have this great recording as an mp3 rather than wav file??? Brilliant quality

Thanks

Ian

Here you are Scotty

PS: I am always asked for a .wav file if I provide someone an mp3 :-)

• Vind ik leuk 1
  • Bedankt 1
Link naar opmerking
Deel via andere websites

8 uur geleden zei Albatrosstudio:

Here you are Scotty

PS: I am always asked for a .wav file if I provide someone an mp3 :-)

Hi Douwe,

It is because I mostly listen to recordings in the car these days and my player wont play wav files.

Thanks again

Ian

Link naar opmerking
Deel via andere websites

Doe mee aan het gesprek

Je kunt nu een bericht plaatsen en later registreren. Indien je al een account hebt, kun je je nu aanmelden om het bericht met je account te plaatsen.

Gast
Antwoord op deze discussie...

×   Plakken als rijke tekst.   Opmaak herstellen

Er zijn maximaal 75 emoji toegestaan.

×   Je link is automatisch geïntegreerd.   In plaats daarvan als link tonen

×   Je voorgaande bijdrage is hersteld.   Tekstverwerker leegmaken

×   Je kunt afbeeldingen niet direct plakken. Upload of voeg afbeeldingen in vanaf URL.

Laden...

• Ondersteun Radiotrefpunt!

Het in de lucht houden van Radiotrefpunt kost geld. Help ons! Met je donatie zorg je ervoor dat deze radiocommunity dagelijks actueel radionieuws kan blijven brengen. En je kunt blijven meepraten en genieten van alle historische radio-opnamen in het forum.

• Onlangs hier

• Er kijken geen geregistreerde gebruikers naar deze pagina.
  • Gebruikersstatistieken

• Aantal leden
    • Meest online

Nieuwste lid
    Jozef
  • Nieuwe aanmaken...

Belangrijke informatie

Door gebruik te maken van deze website ga je akkoord met Gebruiksvoorwaarden, Privacybeleid en Richtlijnen.