Spring naar bijdragen

192 TV - Made-up charts?

AlJoEdin

Aanbevolen berichten

Hi

I will start with two apologies.

Firstly, I don't speak Dutch so I have to write in English.

Secondly, it's a bit off topic, as it relates to TV but as 192 TV  also has a radio station, it's relevant.

I enjoy the old Top 40 charts that are counted down on 192 TV but they don't always seem to be authentic cha rts.

For example, I have just enjoyed a 1982 chart, which can be streamed here  Please login or register to see this link.  

There is no indication of date on the upload, so I searched for two tracks that are in the chart - Best Love by Rose Royce , which is listed as No. 34 , and Toto's Africa, which is listed as No. 1.

The problem is that neither ever held those positions in either of the two Dutch charts.

Rose Royce's track is shown here  Please login or register to see this link.  and here  Please login or register to see this link.  while Toto's hit is here  Please login or register to see this link.  and here  Please login or register to see this link.  ach ieving a peak position of No. 4 in the first chart  and No.2 in the second. So how is it No.1 on 192? I thought maybe they were using the annual chart but t's No. 18 on the annual list here  Please login or register to see this link.  and No. 25 here  Please login or register to see this link.

I would appreciate it if anyone  can solve this mystery and tell me what week was supposed to be used for the video.

bewerkt door AlJoEdin
Link naar opmerking
Deel via andere websites

It's not a mystery at all, AlJoEdin, it's a compilation of hits from 1982. Each clip briefly displays the month when the track was in the charts, otherwise it's a made up compilation of 1982.

Omni ;)  

PS  What do you think of the ''België'' song from ''Het Goede Doel'' 

Untiitled.jpg

Link naar opmerking
Deel via andere websites

Thank you for your replies , Juul  Omnivore.

Juul: I am surprised that 192 TV  and radio stations are not part of the same organisation.

Omnivore: It IS still a mystery to me - they could just have played 40 songs without putting bogus positions against the. Toto's Africa had no business being No.1 if it was based on chart performance or sales. Still, it was enjoyable, and there's a lot more to be viewed at OK.ru. I was watching this one earlier today  Please login or register to see this link.

I didn't hate  Belgium but I didn't want to add it to my collection either. I am in the UK, and back in the early 1970s I would often buy records by Dutch acts (Bolland & Bolland, Mouth & MacNeal, Peter & His Rockets, Oscar Harris, etc) via an importer in Kettering, and still have most of them today, alongside a whole load of additional Dutch tracks I bought as part of the Golden Years Of Dutch Pop Music series.

AlJoEdin

Link naar opmerking
Deel via andere websites

2 uur geleden zei AlJoEdin:

Juul: I am surprised that 192 TV  and radio stations are not part of the same organisation.

Omnivore: It IS still a mystery to me - they could just have played 40 songs without putting bogus positions against the. Toto's Africa had no business being No.1 if it was based on chart performance or sales. Still, it was enjoyable, and there's a lot more to be viewed at OK.ru. I was watching this one earlier today  Please login or register to see this link.

I didn't hate  Belgium but I didn't want to add it to my collection either. I am in the UK, and back in the early 1970s I would often buy records by Dutch acts (Bolland & Bolland, Mouth & MacNeal, Peter & His Rockets, Oscar Harris, etc) via an importer in Kettering, and still have most of them today, alongside a whole load of additional Dutch tracks I bought as part of the Golden Years Of Dutch Pop Music series.

AlJoEdin

Belgium by Het Goede Doel is not a song from a belgian group. The title in Dutch is België and in English.... Luxemburg.

Link naar opmerking
Deel via andere websites

11 uur geleden zei AlJoEdin:

AlJoEdin

You seem to be a real collector of Nederpop ;) I experienced the strong interest in Nederpop of some people in the UK myself when I participated in the RNI RSL in Harwich in 2001.

On putting together playlists of videoclips, based on (hitparade) charts, there's always the "limitation"  of what video footage is available. Regularly I'm putting together RNI Top 50's and Billboard Hot 100's compilations with videoclips and often have to skip many positions, since there's simply no footage available.

Link naar opmerking
Deel via andere websites

12 uur geleden zei AlJoEdin:

Omnivore: It IS still a mystery to me - they could just have played 40 songs without putting bogus positions against the. Toto's Africa had no business being No.1 if it was based on chart performance or sales.

AlJoEdin

In my younger years (mid 70s), AlJoEdin, I used to make Top 10 tapes of my own, some with tracks which didn't even make it in the charts (for instance 'Star Studded Sham' by Hello or ) or were only a ''tip'' like Gary Wright's 'Dream Weaver'. That was purely based on personal taste and I suspect 192TV did/does the same or purely compiles Top 40 hits at random, of which Toto just happens to be No. 1.  :) 

Link naar opmerking
Deel via andere websites

Doe mee aan het gesprek

Je kunt nu een bericht plaatsen en later registreren. Indien je al een account hebt, kun je je nu aanmelden om het bericht met je account te plaatsen.

Gast
Antwoord op deze discussie...

×   Plakken als rijke tekst.   Opmaak herstellen

Er zijn maximaal 75 emoji toegestaan.

×   Je link is automatisch geïntegreerd.   In plaats daarvan als link tonen

×   Je voorgaande bijdrage is hersteld.   Tekstverwerker leegmaken

×   Je kunt afbeeldingen niet direct plakken. Upload of voeg afbeeldingen in vanaf URL.

Laden...

• Ondersteun Radiotrefpunt!

Het in de lucht houden van Radiotrefpunt kost geld. Help ons! Met je donatie zorg je ervoor dat deze radiocommunity dagelijks actueel radionieuws kan blijven brengen. En je kunt blijven meepraten en genieten van alle historische radio-opnamen in het forum.

• Onlangs hier

• Er kijken geen geregistreerde gebruikers naar deze pagina.
  • Gebruikersstatistieken

• Aantal leden
    • Meest online

Nieuwste lid
    JanBoer
  • Nieuwe aanmaken...

Belangrijke informatie

Door gebruik te maken van deze website ga je akkoord met Gebruiksvoorwaarden, Privacybeleid en Richtlijnen.