Spring naar bijdragen

Caroline199-259 around Xmas 1972

erco59

Aanbevolen berichten

48 minutes ago, Ben said:

Peter L. Is that Peter Lenton? In the archives of Ad Couwenberg I have encountered a number of tapes that were sent to Ad by Peter Lenton.

Indeed Ben

He was for me the greatest collector in GB

He was advertising every week in Disc & Music Echo for selling tapes

Gr, Eric

• Vind ik leuk 2
  • Bedankt 1
Link naar opmerking
Deel via andere websites

1 uur geleden zei Ben:

Thanks, Eric! Here's an example of one of the letters in Ad's Archive:

1132938532_AC2016-77002.thumb.jpg.7f1c607cc241e3ee11075648bd99ec7e.jpg

Peter unfortunately died a few years ago. I was in contact with him in the 1970's and bought a few items. I lost contact, but out of the blue in the 2000's I received a letter from him at my Parents house (where I had not lived for 20 years) saying he owed me £3! I had long forgotten about it. We started corresponding again and I bought some further items. He told me that he had not been well and it was almost as if he was getting everything back in order. He died not long after.  A great offshore radio supporter.

bewerkt door scotty
  • Vind ik leuk 1
  • Bedankt 1
Link naar opmerking
Deel via andere websites

2 hours ago, scotty said:

Peter unfortunately died a few years ago. I was in contact with him in the 1970's and bought a few items. I lost contact, but out of the blue in the 2000's I received a letter from him at my Parents house (where I had not lived for 20 years) saying he owed me £3! I had long forgotten about it. We started corresponding again and I bought some further items. He told me that he had not been well and it was almost as if he was getting everything back in order. He died not long after.  A great offshore radio supporter.

Dear Ian,

You have just reminded me about my contact with Peter. I had bought lots of records that I had heard on RNI's Dutch service and continued with Mi Amigo. One Saturday, I caught the train down to Kettering. I took my IT cassette recorder with me and I spent all afternoon recording records from Peter's collection. The ones that I didn't have time to record Peter let me take home to record, which I returned by registered post the following week.

Best wishes for the New Year,

John C

• Vind ik leuk 1
  • Bedankt 1
Link naar opmerking
Deel via andere websites

14 hours ago, Gerrit said:

This recording is from January 2, 1973.

Bedankt Gerrit

In this recording there is in fact two different recordings :

1/ 0'00" - 19'50

2/ until the end

And in the the first recording also Caroline 259, after the Gemini recording at 12'10"

No date so all the three are from the 2nd January 1973 ?

Link naar opmerking
Deel via andere websites

13 uur geleden zei JOCOOLE:

Dear Ian,

You have just reminded me about my contact with Peter. I had bought lots of records that I had heard on RNI's Dutch service and continued with Mi Amigo. One Saturday, I caught the train down to Kettering. I took my IT cassette recorder with me and I spent all afternoon recording records from Peter's collection. The ones that I didn't have time to record Peter let me take home to record, which I returned by registered post the following week.

Best wishes for the New Year,

John C

Nice story John.

Yes, Peter was a good guy who left us too soon.

Have a good New Year.

Ian

Link naar opmerking
Deel via andere websites

Doe mee aan het gesprek

Je kunt nu een bericht plaatsen en later registreren. Indien je al een account hebt, kun je je nu aanmelden om het bericht met je account te plaatsen.

Gast
Antwoord op deze discussie...

×   Plakken als rijke tekst.   Opmaak herstellen

Er zijn maximaal 75 emoji toegestaan.

×   Je link is automatisch geïntegreerd.   In plaats daarvan als link tonen

×   Je voorgaande bijdrage is hersteld.   Tekstverwerker leegmaken

×   Je kunt afbeeldingen niet direct plakken. Upload of voeg afbeeldingen in vanaf URL.

Laden...

• Ondersteun Radiotrefpunt!

Het in de lucht houden van Radiotrefpunt kost geld. Help ons! Met je donatie zorg je ervoor dat deze radiocommunity dagelijks actueel radionieuws kan blijven brengen. En je kunt blijven meepraten en genieten van alle historische radio-opnamen in het forum.

• Onlangs hier

• Er kijken geen geregistreerde gebruikers naar deze pagina.
  • Gebruikersstatistieken

• Aantal leden
    • Meest online

Nieuwste lid
    Jozef
  • Nieuwe aanmaken...

Belangrijke informatie

Door gebruik te maken van deze website ga je akkoord met Gebruiksvoorwaarden, Privacybeleid en Richtlijnen.