Spring naar bijdragen

Help Please

Steksis

Aanbevolen berichten

Hi all

enclosed is a short recording it starts off Ok then becomes unlistenable

Any ideas how to fix this?

Please login or register to see this link.

I have so far

hit the cassette !!!

tightened and loosened the screws

ff/rw to the beginning and end a number of times

any more ideas?

thanks 

Link naar opmerking
Deel via andere websites

I only have experience with R2R tapes to resolve this issue. Resolutions have included "Baking" the tape (in a fruit dryer), treating the tape with WD-40, holding a crayon against the tape while playing/FF the tape etc. For cassettes, that's a lot harder to do, although the WD40 recipe might be possible.

Googling will most probably bring you to Forums where the experts on this topic might have even more (and better) ways. One upfront warning though... It is most probably going to need a significant investment in time and there's no guarantee for success.

Link naar opmerking
Deel via andere websites

The stickiness you mention is usually caused by a fungus and can be removed quite easily without destroying the tape.

I use U-shaped cotton wool, dipped in pure alcohol, to clean both sides at once just before the playhead.

First, make sure the heads and all mechanical parts are clean.

Needless to say, you will need to change the cotton from time to time to make sure it is sufficiently moist.

Beware of static electricity and sufficient ventilation !!!

Link naar opmerking
Deel via andere websites

40 minuten geleden zei Ben:

I only have experience with R2R tapes to resolve this issue. Resolutions have included "Baking" the tape (in a fruit dryer), treating the tape with WD-40, holding a crayon against the tape while playing/FF the tape etc. For cassettes, that's a lot harder to do, although the WD40 recipe might be possible.

You can bake cassettes, but that is not the case in this case. Your WD40 proposal is interesting because the problem is that the tape has dried out. There is no more layer on it that leads it over the head of the recorder. I'm just not going to try this out because the cassette deck is not that easy to clean.

Cassettes which I have baking experience with are C120 where the tape expands and ferro tapes.

Link naar opmerking
Deel via andere websites

Doe mee aan het gesprek

Je kunt nu een bericht plaatsen en later registreren. Indien je al een account hebt, kun je je nu aanmelden om het bericht met je account te plaatsen.

Gast
Antwoord op deze discussie...

×   Plakken als rijke tekst.   Opmaak herstellen

Er zijn maximaal 75 emoji toegestaan.

×   Je link is automatisch geïntegreerd.   In plaats daarvan als link tonen

×   Je voorgaande bijdrage is hersteld.   Tekstverwerker leegmaken

×   Je kunt afbeeldingen niet direct plakken. Upload of voeg afbeeldingen in vanaf URL.

Laden...

• Ondersteun Radiotrefpunt!

Het in de lucht houden van Radiotrefpunt kost geld. Help ons! Met je donatie zorg je ervoor dat deze radiocommunity dagelijks actueel radionieuws kan blijven brengen. En je kunt blijven meepraten en genieten van alle historische radio-opnamen in het forum.

• Onlangs hier

• Er kijken geen geregistreerde gebruikers naar deze pagina.
  • Gebruikersstatistieken

• Aantal leden
    • Meest online

Nieuwste lid
    Ray Robinson
  • Nieuwe aanmaken...

Belangrijke informatie

Door gebruik te maken van deze website ga je akkoord met Gebruiksvoorwaarden, Privacybeleid en Richtlijnen.