Spring naar bijdragen

Bob Shannon WCBS-FM New York, NY 6/30/11 ('60s, '70s and '80s Classic Hits)

jtroll2000

Aanbevolen berichten

Longtime NY DJ Bob Shannon (Don Bombard) passed away the other day at the age of 74.

He was a DJ on WCBS-FM New York for 30 years among his other stints.

Please login or register to see this link.

Here is an aircheck of Bob from 12 years ago today Thursday June 30th, 2011 starting at 10am.

CBS-FM was going through their library starting with songs that begin with the letter A and going all the way to songs that begin with Z during a holiday weekend in the USA.

Bob picks up the countdown with songs that start with the word "Down" from the 1960s, '70s and '80s.

Enjoy.

Please login or register to see this link.

RIP Bob.

• Vind ik leuk 3
  • Bedankt 1
  • Treurig 1
Link naar opmerking
Deel via andere websites

It's sad to read that Bob is not with us anymore. I listened to him almost everyday when I was driving from work to the hotel back in the second half of the nineties, when I worked in New Jersey every now and then.

Thanks for the aircheck!

By the way, it this you? Please login or register to see this link.

bewerkt door Ben
  • Vind ik leuk 1
  • Bedankt 1
Link naar opmerking
Deel via andere websites

Great work, John!

Indeed it is very sad that most of the WCBS-FM DJs, that were there during the 2nd half of the nineties (when I listened to the station) are not with us anymore. I'm so glad with the DVD that Art Vuolo produced, which permitted me to have a look in the studio. Bill Brown was one of my favourites. Here in NL I had, with the exception of a coulle of shows, completely given up on radio listening, but when I was in New Jersey, I listened to WCBS-FM whenever I could.

bewerkt door Ben
  • Vind ik leuk 1
  • Bedankt 1
Link naar opmerking
Deel via andere websites

Doe mee aan het gesprek

Je kunt nu een bericht plaatsen en later registreren. Indien je al een account hebt, kun je je nu aanmelden om het bericht met je account te plaatsen.

Gast
Antwoord op deze discussie...

×   Plakken als rijke tekst.   Opmaak herstellen

Er zijn maximaal 75 emoji toegestaan.

×   Je link is automatisch geïntegreerd.   In plaats daarvan als link tonen

×   Je voorgaande bijdrage is hersteld.   Tekstverwerker leegmaken

×   Je kunt afbeeldingen niet direct plakken. Upload of voeg afbeeldingen in vanaf URL.

Laden...

• Ondersteun Radiotrefpunt!

Het in de lucht houden van Radiotrefpunt kost geld. Help ons! Met je donatie zorg je ervoor dat deze radiocommunity dagelijks actueel radionieuws kan blijven brengen. En je kunt blijven meepraten en genieten van alle historische radio-opnamen in het forum.

• Onlangs hier

• Er kijken geen geregistreerde gebruikers naar deze pagina.
  • Gebruikersstatistieken

• Aantal leden
    • Meest online

Nieuwste lid
    jac76
  • Nieuwe aanmaken...

Belangrijke informatie

Door gebruik te maken van deze website ga je akkoord met Gebruiksvoorwaarden, Privacybeleid en Richtlijnen.